Table of Contents
Douglas Education Center
Douglas Education Center is a private, for-profit, career school of higher education located in Monessen, Pennsylvania. Founded in 1904, DEC has a long history of providing students with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in their chosen careers.
DEC offers a variety of programs in business, healthcare, technology, and beauty and wellness. The school’s programs are designed to be hands-on and practical, preparing students for immediate employment upon graduation.
DEC is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). The school also has a high graduation rate, with 86.9% of students graduating within six years.
Why choose Douglas Education Center?
There are many reasons to choose Douglas Education Center. Here are just a few:
- Accredited Programs: All of DEC’s programs are accredited by ACICS, which ensures that they meet high academic standards.
- High Graduation Rate: DEC has a high graduation rate, which means you are more likely to complete the program and receive a degree.
- Hands-on learning: DEC’s programs are designed to be hands-on and practical, so you’ll learn the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career.
- Small class sizes: DEC has small class sizes, which means you get more personal attention from your instructors.
- Career Services: DEC offers career services to help you find employment after graduation.
DEC offers various programs in the following areas:
- Business: DEC offers programs in accounting, business administration and marketing.
- Health Care: DEC offers programs in nursing, medical assisting and dental assisting.
- Technology: DEC offers programs in computer programming, web development, and graphic design.
- Beauty and Wellness: DEC offers programs in cosmetology, esthetics and massage therapy.
DEC provides financial aid to students to help them pay for their education. Loans, grants, and scholarships are available forms of financial assistance.
DEC offers a variety of student activities and services to help students make the most of their college experience. These activities include clubs and organizations, sports teams, and student government.
Douglas Education Center faculty
The Faculty of Douglas Education Center is composed of experienced industrial professionals who are interested in successful and assisting students. Here are some faculty members for creative programs:
- Jerry Gargeli is the director of Tom Savini’s Special Make-Up Effects Program. He has more than 20 years of experience in the special impact industry and has worked in films like “The Walking Dead”, “Scream” and “The Things”.
- Deja Gilgur is a trainer in the special make-up effects program of Tom Savini. He has earned a degree in makeup from the Douglas Education Center and has worked on films like “The Conjuring” and “notorious”.
- Chris Part Tom Savini is a trainer in the special make-up effects program. He has more than 15 years of experience in the special impact industry and has worked on films like “The Matrix” and “The Chronicles of Narnia”.
Here are some faculty members for Beauty & Welness Programs:
- Lisa Decimone is the director of the Cosmetology Program. He is a licensed cosmetologist with experience for more than 20 years.
- Heather is a coach in the cosmetology program. He is licensed cosmetologist with more than 10 years of experience.
- Tina is a trainer in the Mary Estaters program. He is a licensed estate with experiences for more than 15 years.
The Faculty of Douglas Education Center is committed to providing the skills and knowledge needed for success in their selected carriers. They are passionate about teaching and helping students to reach their full potential.
DEC’s facilities are modern and well equipped. The school has state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories and workshops. Students have access to a variety of resources including computers, books and other materials.
DEC is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). This means that the school meets high academic standards and is committed to providing quality education to students.
DEC students have a high success rate in finding employment after graduation. Graduates of the school go on to work in a variety of fields, including business, healthcare, technology, and beauty and wellness.
DEC students are satisfied with their education. Student satisfaction rates at the school are high, with 92% of students saying they would recommend DEC to a friend.
Douglas Education Center degrees
Douglas Education Center (DEC) offers a variety of programs leading to degrees, diplomas, and certificates in the beauty and wellness, creative, and business industries.
Beauty and Wellness
- Cosmetology Program: This program prepares students to become licensed cosmetologists. Students learn about hair styling, coloring, nails, skin care, and makeup.
- Esthetics Program: This program prepares students to become licensed estheticians. Students learn about skin care, makeup, and waxing.
- Esthetician and Nail Technologist Program: This program combines the Esthetics and Nail Technology programs. Students learn about all aspects of skin care, makeup, nails, and waxing.
- Massage Therapy Program: This program prepares students to become licensed massage therapists. Students learn about different massage techniques, anatomy, and physiology.
- Advanced Cosmetic Techniques Program: This program is designed for licensed cosmetologists who want to learn advanced techniques in hair styling, coloring, nails, and makeup.
- Special Makeup Effects Program: This program is taught by Tom Savini, a world-renowned special makeup effects artist. Students learn how to create realistic makeup effects for film, television, and theater.
- Filmmaking Program: This program is taught by George A. Romero, a pioneer of the zombie film genre. Students learn how to write, direct, and produce films.
Associate in Specialized Business Degree in Business Administration: This degree program is designed for students who want to pursue a career in business. Students learn about accounting, marketing, management, and other business concepts.
Douglas Education Center is accredited by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET). The school is also approved by the United States Department of Education to offer federal student financial aid programs.
To learn more about the degrees and programs offered at Douglas Education Center, please visit their website: https://www.dec.edu/
Douglas Education Center cost
The cost of attending the Douglas Education Center varies depending on the program you choose. The tuition and fees for the academic year 2022–2023 are listed below:
- Cosmetology: $18,000
- Aesthetics: $5,205
- Esthetician and Nail Technologist: $5,055
- Cosmetology Teacher / Salon Manager: $3,970
- Massage therapy: $3,650
These costs do not include the cost of books, consumables or other expenses. The average annual cost for students receiving federal aid is $26,346.
Consider the following additional expenses:
- Application fee: $50
- Registration fee: $100
- Graduation Fee: $150
- Textbooks: $200-$500 per semester
- Supplies: $500 – $1,000 per semester
- Other expenses (e.g. transportation, accommodation, food): $10,000-$15,000 per year
If you are considering attending the Douglas Education Center, I encourage you to contact the Financial Aid Office to learn more about the financial aid that is available. You can also visit the school’s website for more information on tuition and fees.
Douglas Education Center tution
Douglas Education Center’s 2023-2024 academic year undergraduate programs tuition fee is $18,350. This includes tuition, fees and other mandatory fees. This amount does not include the cost of books and materials.
Tuition fees may vary for certain courses. For example, cosmetology courses cost $18,000, cosmetology courses cost $5,205, and massage courses cost $3,650.
The Douglas Education Center offers many ways to lower your tuition fees. Applying for financial aid is one way. Financial aid can be in the form of grants, grants or loans. Another way to reduce the tuition fee is to take advantage of the discounted tuition fee. Douglas Education Center offers tuition fee discounts to students who qualify for federal financial aid, military personnel, and senior transfer students from other colleges or schools.
The following is a summary of Douglas Education Center 2023-2024 tuition and fees:
- Tuition Fee: $18,350
- Fees Required: $150
- Application: US$ 50 >Tuition Fee: $150
The total tuition fee for the 2023-2024 academic year at Douglas Education Center is approximately $28,750. This includes living costs in addition to tuition, fees, books, and supplies.
Douglas education center acceptance rate
The acceptance rate of the Douglas Education Center is 100%. This means that all the applicants who meet the school admission requirements are acceptable. School standard test scores or transcripts are not required and it has a free admission policy. This means that the school is open to all the students regardless of their academic background.
The Douglas Education Center is a Private for Love College located in Manesen, Pennsylvania. It provides various programs in the field of beauty and wellness, skilled business and creative industry. The school has a small enrollment of 204 graduate students.
If you are interested in participating in the Douglas Education Center, you can apply online or call the admission office. The application fee is $ 50.
Here are some of the reasons that Douglas Education Center considers when deciding admission:
- High School transcript
- Personal opinion
- Letter to recommend
- Interviewer (AL Chsik)
The school also considers the financial needs of the students when deciding admission. Douglas Education Center provides alternatives to various financial support, including scholarships, grants and loans.
Additional information about Douglas Education Center
Address: 130 Seventh Street, Monessen, PA 15062
Here are some additional things to know about Douglas Education Center:
- The school offers a variety of financial aid options to help students pay for their education.
- DEC has a student life department that organizes a variety of events and activities for students to participate in.
- The school has a strong alumni network that can provide support and guidance to students after graduation.
- If you are interested in learning more about Douglas Education Center, please visit the school’s website or contact the admissions office.
Douglas Education Center is a great choice for students who are looking for a career-focused education. The school offers a variety of programs in high-demand fields, and its graduates have a high success rate in finding employment. If you are looking for a school that will help you gain the skills you need to succeed in your career, Douglas Education Center is a great option.
What programs does Douglas Education Center offer?
The Douglas Education Center offers a variety of programs in the creative, beauty and wellness, and skilled trades industries. These include:
Tom Savini's special make-up effects program
George A. Romero's filmmaking program
Massage therapy program
Permanent makeup program
Commercial Driver's License Program (CDL)
Heavy equipment and CDL with safety program
What are the admission requirements at Douglas Education Center?
Douglas Education Center admission requirements vary depending on the program. However, all applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent, and some programs may require additional coursework or experience.
What is the cost of attendance at Douglas Education Center?
The cost of attendance at Douglas Education Center varies depending on the program and the student's financial aid eligibility. However, tuition and fees range from $10,000 to $20,000 for the 2022-2023 school year.
What financial aid is available to Douglas Education Center students?
Douglas Education Center students are eligible for a variety of financial aid programs, including federal grants, loans and scholarships. The school also offers its own financial aid programs, such as the DEC Promise Scholarship.
What are the job placement outcomes for Douglas Education Center graduates?
Douglas Education Center graduates have a high job placement rate. According to the school's website, 90% of graduates are employed within six months of graduation.
What are the student life activities at Douglas Education Center?
The Douglas Education Center offers a variety of student life activities, including clubs, organizations and events. These activities give students a chance to connect with each other, get involved on campus, and have fun.
Is Douglas Learning Center Accredited?
Yes, Douglas Education Center is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
What are career services for Douglas Education Center students?
The Douglas Education Center offers a variety of career services to its students, including career counseling, job placement assistance, and resume writing assistance.
What are the transfer credit policies at Douglas Education Center?
Douglas Education Center accepts transfer credit from other accredited institutions. The number of credits accepted will vary depending on the program and the student's GPA.
What are the military benefits for Douglas Education Center students?
Douglas Education Center is a military-friendly school and offers a variety of military benefits to its students, including tuition assistance, scholarships, and student loan deferment.
What alumni resources are available to Douglas Education Center graduates?
The Douglas Education Center offers a variety of alumni resources for its graduates, including networking events, job boards, and mentorship program.